Churro is a fried-dough snack. It said that Churro is a Mexican fritters, others said that Churro sometimes referred as Spanish doughnut.
I find Churro recipe from theFword youtube channel.
Watching Gordon Ramsay cook is very delightful. <3
Looks very pro. Well, he is a pro anyway. And OMG, he is able to explain the process in less than 2 minutes. Nice! :D
After that, I tried to find the ingredients of original churros recipe. And here it is:
- 4 tablespoon of flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- a cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a small sauce pan, boil a cup of water. Add margarine. Mix them well until the butter melts.
- Lower the heat. Add flour, sugar, and salt. Stir them until they form like a ball of dough.
- Remove from the heat, add egg and stir vigorously!
- Spoon the dough into the pastry bag. Chill for a while in the fridge.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer. After the oil boils, pipe strips of dough directly into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain.
- Stir the powdered sugar and cinnamon together. Roll the Churros while still hot. Or sprinkle the powdered sugar and cinnamon to the Churros.
I do not have pastry bag, so I use plastic for food and make a hole in the tip.
My first batch cooked in the medium heat. It turns out the color is already golden brown but the outside is not so crispy and the inside is not so well-cooked. I think it is better to cook the dough in the hot oil, on low heat.
Here’s a picture of my Churros :D